Smart Grid Projects Europe 2014
The European Commission for Energy presented the latest analyses and insights of smart grid projects across the European Union (EU) Member States.
Edition 2014 includes 459 smart grid projects, launched from 2002, amounting to € 3.15 billion investment, realized in the 28 EU Member States plus Switzerland and Norway.
Watch the map here
What is the Smart Grid
The Smart Grid (transmission or distribution) is a modernized electrical grid that uses information and communications technology to gather and act on information, such as information about the behaviors of suppliers and consumers, in an automated fashion to improve the efficiency, reliability, economics, and sustainability of the production and distribution/transmission of electricity.
What is the Super Grid
The Supergrid is defined as “a pan-European transmission network facilitating the integration of large-scale renewable energy and the balancing and transportation of electricity with the aim of improving the European market”. The Supergrid is not just an extension of existing or planned point to point HVDC interconnectors between particular EU states.
The Supergrid will:
- Help to meet EU and national plans to decarbonise Europe’s power sector: 20% by 2020 and 90% by 2050.
- Integrate all renewable energy into the continent’s energy mix. RES are not national resources but continental by their nature.
- Bring these renewable resources to load centres across Europe over long distances.
- Balance Europe’s electricity network and enhance security of supply.
- Create a global opportunity for European companies to export sustainable energy technology and create new highly skilled jobs .
- Enhance the single European electricity market.
- EU countries align purchase energy
- Europe’s largest Energy Storage Test Plant in the UK
- EU Report: costs and subsidies energy technology
- EU speeds up creation of common energy market
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
Send us your question: email@example.com