Construction industry saves 3.2% CO₂
Construction companies, which are certified for the CO₂-Performance policy, achieve 3.2% CO₂ reductions per year.
Remarkable, while the national trend is that CO₂ emissions are increasing. Thais was reported by a new Dutch research team.
More than 50 construction companies have been compared in the period 2010 – 2013. The research showed that the CO₂ footprint was reduced because of a strong CO₂-Performance Policy in the construction and civil engineering sector.
Half of the energy saving measurements taken by these construction companies, are a direct consequence of the awarding benefits of the Performance Policy that is managed by the Foundation for Climate Friendly Procurement and Business.
The companies have been surveyed on their CO₂ reduction in the period 2010 to 2013. After adjusting the figures for the recession, the researchers found a 3.2% per year. Remarkable beause the average energy saving rate in the Netherlands has been grown with 1.5% per year.
The CO₂-Performance Policy (since 2011), boosted the construction sector especially using renewable energy sources, efficient cars and low carbon machinery.
Construction management is involved
The study showed that all companies invested in a:
- CO₂-emissions energy strategy
- energy management monitoring system
monitoring their emissions evolve on a continue base
Another positive effect of the CO₂-Performance Policy was that it increased the awareness of employees considerably. On their energy consumption and their CO₂ emissions.
Previously, the standard was “the more fuel you burn, the harder you work.
Nowadays, this attitude has changed into a sport to reduce as much as possible, according to the certified construction companies
The CO₂-Performance Policy
Companies which are managing CO₂ reduction seriously are rewarded with a notional discount on the registration fee.
More than fifty clients use the CO₂-Performance Policy and there are over 700 companies certified.
Performance on CO2 Policy for contractors
The objectives of the CO2 Performance policy are
- to encourage companies to KNOW all about their amout of CO2 emissions – and the emissions of their suppliers
- companies should continuously search for new opportunities to reduce their emissions
- the Performance Polity encourages companies to implement effective measurement
- companies are encouraged to share the acquired knowledge with others
- and they are encouraged to seek opportinites to decrease their footprint, together with colleagues, research institutes, social organizations and governments
The CO₂-Performance Policy is administered by the Foundation for Climate Friendly Procurement and Business (SKAO)
- Mecalithe® in Concrete saves 1.5 billion tonnes of CO2
- Recycle your concrete and save CO2
- How Companies Can Benefit from the Circular Economy
Have you seen this?
- Roadmap with proven integrated and sustainable water resource approach
- 10 Steps for industries to reduce the carbon footprint
- Heat exchangers for the industry save 60% energy
- 5 Easy Steps to Reduce Water in Industries
- Looking for best methods to save energy in any industry?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
or mail to email@example.com